So you have got a new Android phone or maybe your old one, loving it but fear loosing it. Afraid of those preying eyes well you don't need to worry because we are here to help you. Well that green robot in your hand definitely knows how to secure itself thanks to the awesome apps available in Google Play store.
Cerberus Anti Theft
This app is a complete anti theft application suite, one of the best solution to recover your stolen, misplaced or lost phone. You get free trial for a week and then you can buy a lifetime license for a small price (2.99€) from within the application: no monthly or yearly fees, just a one-time payment. The best part is if you have multiple devices you can use all of them (up to 5) with the same account. The best feature of this app is:
- Remote control through the website www.cerberusapp.com
- Remote control via text messages
- SIM Checker (for devices that have a SIM card): you will automatically receive alerts if someone uses your phone with an unauthorized SIM card
- Locate and track it
- Start a loud alarm, even if the device is set to silent mode
- Wipe the internal memory and the SD card
- Hide Cerberus from the app drawer
- Lock the device with a code
- Record audio from the microphone
- Get a list of last calls sent and received
- Get information about network and operator the device is connected to
- And much more!
Available on Android and computer . This is an Open source, cross-platform anti-theft tracker. Prey lets you keep track of all your devices easily on one place. This app is free with boasting feature mentioned below.
- GPS + Wifi geo-location.
- SIM change detection.
- SMS or Push (On Demand) activation (2.2+).
- Lock phone/tablet for privacy (2.2+).
- Uninstall protection (2.2+).
- Loud alarm sound.
- Alert messages to user.
GotYa! takes a silent snapshot through the front facing camera of the criminal who is attempting to use your device, whenever the screen lock is entered incorrectly.After taking the picture, it acquires the location of your device and forms a Google maps link, and then send it with the time stamped picture to your email or Facebook
- Lock/Unlock your device
- Request a location
- Request a callback
- Play an alarm sound (even if muted)
- Be notified on SIM change
* read sent and received SMS messages
* wipe phone
* lock phone
* erase SD card
* locate by GPS or network
* start alarm with flashing screen
* send SMS from web page
* message popup
* forward calls
* remote install
* phone status: battery, imei, etc.
* remote SMS alarm
* remote SMS lock and unlock
* remote SMS erase SD card
* remote SMS wipe phone
* remote SMS APN control
* start/stop GPS
* start/stop WIFI
* hide from launcher
* email when SIM card is changed
* get call list
* take picture with front camera
* take picture with rear camera
* make your phone speak with text-to-speech
* SMS message command
* SMS speak command
* lock timeout
* restore settings on boot
* record sound from microphone
* start and stop data connection from SMS
* start and stop WIFI connection from SMS
* content browser prototype